Hear ye, Hear ye!!! I confess to one and all that I need to share how I have selfishly wanted to keep some really great recipes to myself. And not share them with the world. Well here is the story…
Our church is now producing a church cookbook and my wonderful, beautiful, kind, sweet, etc. etc. etc (Can you name the movie that used the phrase “etc. etc. etc.? Hint it’s a classic) wife wanted to share some of the recipes we have collected over the years. She had decided on three (3) of our family favorites (which I will share later) . While she was deciding which three recipes to share she told me and I thought nothing of it. Until the day that she was transferring them to the form that the church needed three or four days before it was to be turned in . So I decided to look over her shoulder and noticed that the ones she was sharing where ones that I had found. I then went on to grab the papers from her fingers and run away like a little girl (sorry to all you little girls out there) and told her matter of factly, that she couldn’t give THOSE ones (Yes I do know that it was God’s CHURCH.) I am ashamed to admit that my selfish pride over took the idea that my wife enjoyed those meals and wanted to share them with those whom we love. So with that said I want to share with all of you those recipes, (And yes they were given to be put in the Church’s Cookbook).
First up is Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 4 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place the chicken and the Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, mushrooms and green onion. Sauté and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Add the cream, basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle in with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.