Lets just say YUM! Really. One of my goals this last Christmas season was to do a lot of fun things throughout the month. Pack it full of fun activities leading us up to Christmas Day. One of our activities was Homemade Pop Tarts. It wasn’t something I would have thought about making myself but a friend was so excited about we just had to try it out. I am SOOO glad I did.
What to do:
1. Make pie crust dough. And please…Use butter. Divide in half and let it chill in the fridge to make it easier to handle.
2. Once chilled roll out half in a rectangle.
3. Visually divide your dough into 6 rectangles. Get your favorite jam (we used raspberry and blackberry) and put a nice sized TBSP in the center of each rectangle. Spread it out a little but leave a 1/2 in edge to seal it.
4. using your finger or a pastry brush put some water around the edges of the tarts.
5. Roll out your second dough in the same shape and size and put it on top of the first.
6. Use a pizza cutter to cut out your tarts and crimp the edges with a fork. Poke some steam holes in the top.
7. Put on a cookie sheet and bake at 425 degrees doe 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
8. Cool and drizzle with a powdered sugar/milk glaze if desired.
(Note: Let me know if something doesn’t make sense. There were a few, lets say, interruptions during the making of this post.)
Here is a picture midway for all you visual people. And what did the kids think?
All thumbs up
And one index 🙂