The next major upgrade to our trailer was updating or I should say sewing our new upholstery. What we looked for here was something that was easy the clean and again something that says Maui. We decided on this:
And since we now had a fabric picked out it was time for us to get to sewing. Here are some of the “sausage making” we went through in this process.
After all the hard work…. One person with skills (Merriann) and One person with not a clue (Greg) completed our task. Because we have everything to hide I took all our pictures from a distance. So those of you that can really sew couldn’t be able to pick out my work but as we tell the kids as long as you try your best its good enough for us. We are not sure if our hems are done right, but none have come out as of yet. Yep, we are happy with it so far.
One sewing trick that we found online was to use shower curtains. They are already sewn and they are usually are made of a heavy duty fabric. So all we had to do is hem the bottom.
Next time I will share with you guys the finished pictures of the the travel trailer remodel project.